I sometimes get the comments that I’m a ‘supermom’ or people questioning how do I do it all. I don’t. Put simply.
You might say to yourself, “Oh look at these favor treats she put together for the soccer ⚽️ team. She did it just because of the holiday. I wish I could do something like that.”
Well I’m here to tell you all about these cute creations. This soccer mom made a boo boo! I promised these extra special Halloween ? treats to our boys soccer team are because I fell short on their last game day. I was supposed to bring a snack and drink and completely spaced it. So after a tough game when they were expecting their treat this mama was empty handed.
I was literally out of time as I walked towards the little team post-game huddle on the field. I panicked and looked at the date on my phone. There it was, MY snack date. I didn’t even have enough time to run to the snack stand and grab some last minute chips and waters. I shared with the coach what had happened and had to ask the team for some grace and forgiveness. They agreed that it was OK if I brought their goodies to practice the next week at practice. I sold it by saying this was going to be extra special, not just a simple snack and drink.
I was so happy to hand them something extra special at practice – as promised. The players and parents were so thankful and I sure didn’t mind the opportunity to make up my game day snack flub! The take away of my situation is:: Just incase you think that a mom presenting an adorable tray of snacks is an overachiever or has it all together…she might not. Just like I did not.
As always though I love sharing my ideas with you all. So here you have some Halloween themed popcorn + Oreo treat ideas! Great for your kiddos team or for their classmates. I hope that your treats aren’t an “I’m Sorry” gesture like mine were. LOL!
- Halloween cup (Target) and straw (Michael’s)
- Toy (I have a surprise pumpkin slime container at the bottom of their cup)
- Halloween Themed Sprinkles
- Eyeball Candy Package
- Black Decorating Gel (Wilton)
- White Candy Melts
- Orange Gatorade
- Clear bag
- Pop the popcorn (I used Kettle corn so it would be a sweet taste.)
- Add straw to each cup.
- Place the toy at the bottom of the cups (optional) and then add the popcorn in so it fills in around the straws and toys.
- Melt the White Candy Melts in the microwave per instructions.
- Spoon the the liquefied candy melts on the top of the popcorn and add Halloween sprinkles.
- Using the decorating gel in black add an eyeball candy to each Oreo.
- Add Oreo creations to the top of each cup and then package in clear bags.
I was able to fit both there Target Dollar spot cups and Gatorade in the clear backs for an easy hand out! Hope your little friends enjoy this treat as much as ours did. 😉